iThemba Educare Programme
Focus on iThemba believes in the power of early learning as more and more research is highlighting the significance of Early Childhood Development in terms of the crucial development of a child’s brain. We currently work alongside ten Pre-Schools in the Valley of 1000 Hills and Molweni areas to ensure tomorrow’s generation gets the best start today.
- The model aims to upgrade existing Pre-Schools to become legal and sustainable businesses (five have now reached this level).
- The children receive quality ECD care enabling them to thrive at later Foundation Phase Schooling.
- The Principals and teachers receive support, training and mentorship. The model is holistic in nature with its core strength being our ECD Monitor who spreads her time across the various Pre-Schools and at our Focus on iThemba offices. Her role is vital as she provides support and motivation and ensures that the training is being implemented correctly. The ten Pre-Schools we are in partnership with are:
|Embo Child Educare Care – Project Dawn||Embo Valley|
|Swelihle Pre-School – Project Light||Embo Valley|
|Mba’lenhle Pre-School – Project Bloom||Embo Valley|
|Siyajabula Pre-School – Project Delight||Embo Valley|
|Entokozweni Pre-School – Project Joy||Kwa-Nqetho|
|Inkanyezi Pre-School – Project Star *Joined in 2020||Molweni Area|
|Siyabaphephisa Pre-School – Project Bright||Molweni Area|
|Sthandokuhle Pre-School – Project Faith||Inanda Dam Area|
|Smiley Kids Pre-School – Project Smile||Inanda Dam Area|
|Leth’usizo Pre-School – Project Bridge||
Inanda Dam Area
We continue to partner with excellent, respected organizations to achieve our goals:
- ECD TEACHER TRAINING – Natal Early Learning Resource Unit (NELRU)
- MANAGEMENT TRAINING – Ikhono Business Solutions
- EFFECTIVE PARENTING – Focus on The Family SA
- NUTRITION – Joint Aid Management (JAM)
- EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT – Grow with Educate Centres and The Unlimited Child